|Advice about CoronaVirus from Paul Murray|
| Hi All CCTCC Members|
You are all aware of the current Corona Virus (COVID-19) and the government’s warnings about close contact and gatherings and personal hygiene. As a club we need to have a responsibility to our members' health & safety and we are closely monitoring the announcements from government and health authorities. We encourage you all to be extra cautious and vigilant with your health during this time as well, as we believe this is a joint responsibility.
· We are advised to maintain “Social Distancing”. Current advice from the NSW Department of Health website here:
· avoiding crowds and mass gatherings where it is difficult to keep the appropriate distance away from others
· avoiding small gatherings in enclosed spaces, for example family celebrations
· Attempting to keep a distance of 1.5 metres between themselves and other people where possible, for example when they are out and about in public place.
· Avoiding shaking hands, hugging, or kissing other people.
· Avoiding visiting vulnerable people, such as those in aged care facilities or hospitals, infants, or people with compromised immune systems due to illness or medical treatment.
We are all in that vulnerable age group and for our safety we would request:
• That people with coughs and colds do not participate;
• That you carry a personal size hand sanitiser in your jersey or small hand cleaning soap;
• That you wash hands thoroughly and often with soap and water before and after eating;
• That you avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands;
• That you cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing;
• That you avoid shaking hands;
• That you avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of respiratory illness.
• If at cafes, leave your helmets, gloves and sunglasses on your bike.
To minimise direct contact between individuals:
· Participants in rides will not be required to sign on individually (and thereby share a pen and be in close contact with each other);
· Ride leaders will fill in the sign on sheet with the names of the participants that are present;
· At this stage when stoped for coffee we will sit 4 at each table opposite of each other and not put tables together and squeeze in close together if it’s not possible then we can get takeaway and spread out in the park or take your own.
We will cancel any rides that involve public transport till further notice and in their place we will ride elsewhere.
We will continue to monitor the situation and we will follow advice from government and health authorities – that advice can change frequently and at short notice;
We will Communicate with you by email, and via the website if there are any changes.
All our members must make themselves aware of health issues surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) and take the health protection precautions and measures as recommended by NSW and Commonwealth health authorities. Note that these measures may change frequently
At all times, however, whether or not you participate in a Bike activity is a decision which you must take and for which you are solely responsible.
As for cancelling the away ride in April we will make that decision after Sunday.
We expect all our members to act responsibly to their health and hygiene in the present climate.